It can be very difficult going through your twenties because you are becoming a young adult. It involves figuring out your likes and dislikes and navigating through the world with your identity. This can often result in mistakes. However, I realise not everyone’s twenties can be this way. Although, I must confess that mine are full of mistakes. I wish I could lie to you and say that I wouldn’t change it for the world because it has made me who I am. Yet, the truth is that I would totally change it. I would totally change the past but I cannot because it has already been written as a part of my history. Upon this reflection here are twenty three things I have learnt in my twenties.
- I cannot change the past but I can manage the effects.
- Death doesn’t discriminate by age
- Love begins with accepting yourself
- Have a passion, hobby or interest- these are very important.
- Avoid situations that can haunt or hurt you in the future
- Your health comes first.
- Work hard in everything as you do not know what each opportunity may bring.
- Family is everything.
- You are your own role model everyone else is inspiration.
- Maintain healthy relationships.
- Appreciate everything you have.
- Learn and try new things.
- Step out of your comfort zone.
- Your happiness starts with you and is dependent on you.
- There are people out there whose sole ambition is to tear people down.
- Always try to maintain professionalism at work.
- Not everyone’s life is as perfect as it seems on social media.
- Nice people do not finish last.
- Smiling isn’t a sign of weakness and a frown is not a signal to be feared.
- Making mistakes are important but learning from them are just as important.
- Age is not always wisdom.
- Having a faith, belief system or values are important.
- Be the best version of yourself, always.
Thank you for reading!
What lessons have you learnt in your twenties? Please feel free to share in the comments section!
Leave a Reply