Organization isn’t about perfection; it’s about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money and improving your overall quality of life. ~ Christina Scalise
In this video, I delve into how to stay organised. To summarise:
- Organisation can take place through effective planning by using a planner. Make sure that you write your to do list but strategise on how you will achieve the plan, why you will achieve the plan and how long it will take.
- You may choose to plan the night before or on the day after. However, I find it easier to plan the night before because it encourages me to add previous goals that may have not been completed.
- It is imperative to also look after your mind, body and soul and ensure that organisation extends to these facets of life.
- Your organisation is your personal journey. So, make sure that you organise yourself in a way that works for you.
5 Key Points
- Organisation is a process. It doesn’t happen overnight. It is a continual effort to remain organised.
- Organising yourself is far greater than writing down to do list. It extends to your environment, mind, body and soul.
- Writing down goals is fine but remember the why and how of the tasks you need to complete.
- Have a consistent place to keep your details of organisation. If it is a notebook, continually use that notebook instead of having four or five pretty notebooks all at once. Unless you have decided to use each notebook for different aspects of your life. Even then, I personally think it is more effective to use one notebook.
- Take full ownership and priorities for your organisation. No one knows how to organise yourself better than you.